39 George Strait Albums – And Counting
As a good friend and fellow radio personality once said, "George Strait is the King of Cool".
I can't argue with that, and wouldn't even if I could. The King of Cool plans on releasing his 39th studio album, "Here for a Good Time" early next month.
39 albums! Can you imagine the thrill the younger acts felt when they released their FIRST one? And the nice thing about a George Strait album, even the 39th one, is the quality of the music the man always brings with him. George has been very, very, very successful and has never forgotten the fans who put him on top...and keep him thre.
One thing that must bring him extra pride is the fact that the Country Music Hall of Famer co-wrote seven of the tracks with his son, Bubba.
Starting today, George's online site is offering an exclusive album pre-order package that includes the full length Here For A Good Time CD, a limited edition T-Shirt, poster and instant download the single “Here For A Good Time” as well as a sweepstakes to enter for a chance to see George Strait on tour in 2012.
Here For A Good Time includes the following tracks:
1. Love’s Gonna Make It Alright Al Anderson/Chris Stapleton
2. Drinkin’ Man George Strait/Bubba Strait/Dean Dillon
3. Shame On Me George Strait/Bubba Strait
4. Poison Chuck Cannon/Allen Shamblin
5. Here For A Good Time George Strait/Bubba Strait/Dean Dillon
6. House Across The Bay George Strait/Bubba Strait/Dean Dillon
7. Lone Star Blues Gary Nicholson/Delbert McClinton
8. A Showman’s Life Jesse Winchester
9. Three Nails And A Cross George Strait/Bubba Strait/Dean Dillon/Bobby Boyd
10. Blue Marlin Blues George Strait/Bubba Strait/Dean Dillon
11. I’ll Always Remember You George Strait/Bubba Strait/Dean Dillon
For over 30 years, George Strait has been the king, with more number one singles than any....I said ANY...artist in the history of recorded music. His latest CD "Here for a Good Time" is set for country-wide release on Tuesday, September 6th. You can bet you'll be hearing more of of it on Y95 Country.