Electrical Fire Causes Minor Damage to Cheyenne Liquor Store
A faulty electric circuit is being blamed for a fire at DT's Liquor Mart on Ridge Road Wednesday night.
Cheyenne Fire Marshal Byron Mathews says firefighters were called to the scene around 10:45 p.m.
"When the crews arrived they actually found that they had an electrical circuit that was malfunctioning and had started a small fire," said Mathews. "They were able to extinguish that with a small, portable fire extinguisher that was on site."
Mathews says eight people were in the building at the time of the fire and all were able to get out safely.
"We've estimated the damage to be less than $2,500," said Mathews. "At this point the cause still remains under investigation."