Favorite Country Concert Ever?
It's one thing when you love hearing a country musician on the radio or buying the album, but when they're good live you become a fan for life.
I've been to dozens of country music shows in my day (I sound like an old man.) And here are my favorites...
- Eric Church - Have seen him twice and both were amazing live show, the rock and roll fan in me appreciates the electric guitars and pyrotechnics. My wife and I met Eric before he became a household name and he couldn't have been a nicer guy.
- Dierks Bentley - Great live show, tons of energy and crowd interaction! Dierks is a fantastic musician, showman, and it's a helluva party!
- Kenny Chesney - Saw him at CFD a few years ago. What a HUGE party! I would have to remind myself I was in Cheyenne and not at the beach. Plus, the show went deep into the night with a bunch of fun covers.
- Taylor Swift - Have been to three T-Swizzle shows and she's fantastic. (This is coming from a guy who loves traditional country and rock and roll.) Each of her live songs is like watching a mini-play. Even if you're not a huge fan of her music, a live Taylor show is worth it!
- Randy Houser - Have seen Randy FOUR times and will go as many times as I get a chance. Southern rock blended with country music. Randy's voice is tremendous and he's got a cool band that wears top hats and smokes pipes... how can you not like that?
- Brad Paisley - People know Brad is a good guitar player, but you have to see it live to appreciate his greatness. Fun show, tons of animated graphics for all of his songs and lots of fan involvement.
- Big & Rich - Country, rock, hip hop, guitars on fire, what more do you need? Big & Rich is like a country circus, in a very good way.
- Tim McGraw - Obviously a country legend. Great live show at CFD last year. Bought a bunch of fans in the front row beer, has too many hits to squeeze into one show!
- Keith Urban - Another amazing guitar player. Lots of energy on stage and a fun show.
- Ronnie Dunn - One of my biggest concert regrets is not seeing Brooks & Dunn together. The next best thing was seeing Ronnie play solo a couple years ago. He pulled out a bunch of classic Brooks & Dunn songs.
My wife Michelle's top 10 favorite country music concerts:
- Kenny Chesney
- Taylor Swift
- Shania Twain
- Tim McGraw
- Miranda Lambert
- Big & Rich
- Dierks Bentley
- Brad Paisley
- Eric Church
- Keith Urban