The Laramie Fire Department and Albany County Central Volunteer Fire Fighters responded to a fire at Mountain Cement Thursday.

Fire engines were dispatched at 12:02 p.m. to 5 Sand Creek Rd to the report of a fire in an electrical room.

Laramie Fire Department says heavy smoke was coming from the door of the electrical room upon arrival. Mountain Cement employees had turned off power to the room prior to fire crews arriving on the scene. The fire was successfully extinguished by LFD personnel and fire extension was searched for by Albany County Central personnel.

One person was transported to Ivinson Memorial Hospital with minor injuries. No other information about the person's condition was released.

Laramie Fire Department says heavy damage was sustained to equipment and the structure had minimal damage.

The scene was released back to Mountain Cement employees around 1:00 pm.

The cause of the fire was determined to be an equipment malfunction.