Colorado Road Updates 914
UPDATE 914 8:20 a.m,
The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) will reopen a route for some motorists to and from Estes Park later tonight around 10 p.m. Emergency personnel, residents of Estes Park, delivery vehicles and other essential visitors will be able to access Estes Park by taking State Highway (SH) 119 north from the Blackhawk/Central City area to Nederland to SH 72 north through Ward to SH 7 and then north to Estes park through Allenspark. CDOT will establish and enforce checkpoints at varying locations along the highway to ensure that only those with critical missions can enter and exit the town until more permanent repairs can be made.
Crews have been working to clean debris, muck, and rocks from highways, as well as perform needed repairs to small segments of the highway in order to open the route. They will continue additional inspections and repairs prior to opening the highways to all motorists. Despite the additional work still necessary, it was critical to establish access as soon as possible to enable essential services and provide relief for the residents.Motorists are reminded that these mountain roads require slower speeds and extra caution.
Although these sections of highway have reopened, there are still numerous highway closures along the Front Range as a result of flooding, and rock and mudslides. CDOT reminds motorists that while some roadways may appear passable, those near water flow may have damage that may not be apparent. Many highways and bridges will remain closed as a precaution until crews are able to evaluate whether or not they are safe for use.
The following roadways remain closed to traffic (both directions unless noted), with updated indicated by bold and italic font:
• I-25 southbound from Wyoming to Harmony Road
• I-25 northbound between Harmony Road and SH 14
• I-25 northbound from State Highway (SH) 7 to SH 14
• I-25 northbound /southbound ramps to State Highway 119
• I-70 eastbound off-ramp to Quebec Street
• I-70 eastbound off-ramp to southbound I-225 - REOPENED
• U.S. 34 between Glade Road and Estes Park
• U.S. 34 from MP 114 to MP 117.25 east of Greeley
• U.S. 36 between Boulder and Estes Park
• US 85 from 42nd in Evans (MP 264.5) to County Road 44 in LaSalle (MP 258.5)
• U.S. 85 southbound at Wyoming for commercial vehicles
• U.S. 85 from 37th Street (MP 264.5) to County Road 49 in Greeley
• U.S. 287 at Big Thompson River in Loveland from SH 402 to 5th Street
• U.S. 287 in Fort Collins from MP 347 to MP 348
• US 287 from MP 307 (Isabella) to MP 310 (SH 52)
• US 287 southbound at Wyoming for commercial vehicles
• SH 7 between Lyons and Estes Park
• SH 8 between Morrison and U.S. 285
• SH 14 between Ted’s Place and Walden
• SH 52 eastbound from County Road (CR) 1 to U.S. 287 - REOPENED
• SH 60 at CR 46
• SH 66 between 53rd Street (Longmont) and Lyons
• SH 66 between CR 13 and CR 19
• SH 72 between 72nd and 80th avenues
• SH 72 between SH 93 and SH 119 (Coal Creek Canyon)
• SH 83 (Parker Road) between Florida and Jewell avenues
• SH 119 between Boulder and Nederland (Boulder Canyon)
• SH 119 between County Line Road and I-25
• SH 170 from SH 93 to El Dorado Canyon State Park
• SH 257 between SH 60/Milliken to US 34
• SH 392 from I-25 (Larimer County Road 5) east to 17th Street in Windsor
The Colorado Department of Transportation has reopened both directions of I-25 in northern Colorado south of Harmony Road. The highway remains closed between Wyoming and Harmony for southbound travelers, and remains closed northbound between Harmony and State Highway (SH) 14. There is no estimated time of reopening for the final section of highway, which is still being threatened by flood waters.
The Wyoming Highway Patrol says U.S. 85 south out of Cheyenne is open, As is U,S, 287 out of Laramie, WYDOT still showing Interstate 25 southbound from Cheyenne to. the Colorado state line as closed.