SROM Holds Silent Auction Fundraiser At Holiday Inn
A fundraiser and silent auction at the Holiday Inn in Laramie will benefit a local outdoor group that has been in the community for decades.
Solid Rock Outdoor Ministries, or SROM, is a Christian group which takes students to the wilderness in Wyoming for expeditions. Deborah Flannery, Development Director for SROM, says that the group has been in Laramie for three decades, but it is still somewhat unknown within the community.
The event provides people with the opportunity to not only contribute to SROM, but to learn more about it. The fundraiser takes place on April 8, 2015 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
SROM is currently one out of only ten groups designated as Master Trainer for the Leave No Trace Program. It is the only Christian group to have the honor.
The fundraiser features a silent auction with a variety of unique items from local donors and from around the world.
Silent auction items include:
- Signed “Prince of Peace” print by child prodigy Akiane
- Signed books and DVD by Colton Burpo (boy featured in “Heaven is for Real”)
- Signed prints by acclaimed local artists; Joe Arnold, Dee Tillman, and Robert Seabeck
- Signed Tom Mangelsen Book
- REI Gift Certificates
- Snowy Range 2016 Day Passes
- Cabela’s Tent and Gift Certificate
- Golden Bear Silver Necklace
- 4 passes to Denver Art Museum
- 4 passes to National Museum Wildlife Art
- And more….
For more information on Solid Rock Outdoor Ministries, visit www.srom.org.