Thanksgiving TV Times
Whether it’s the tryptophan in turkey, the over-eating that comes with Thanksgiving dinner, or the energy needed to maintain civility with family members; Thanksgiving is a holiday that frequently ends up in front of a TV.
To help you avoid any family feuds over the remote control this Thanksgiving, Y95 Country has compiled a list of a few key programs on television this Thursday, November 24.
- 7:00 AM, CBS will begin their 51st Annual telecast of the Thanksgiving Day Parade anchored by Kevin Frazier and Christina McLarty.
- 9:00 AM on NBC will begin coverage of the 85th Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade anchored by Matt Lauer, Al Roker and Ann Curry.
- 9:30 AM on Fox, NFL Pregame will begin, previewing all the Thanksgiving Day NFL action.
- 10:00 AM, those not interested in Thanksgiving football but still want to watch sports, can turn to ESPN2 for a College Basketball match-up of Indiana State and Texas Tech. This game is the first in a marathon of college basketball games on ESPN2 that are scheduled to be broadcast until 11:30 PM.
- 10:30 AM, Thanksgiving Day football kicks off when the Detroit Lions host the Green Bay Packers, coverage on FOX.
- 12:00 PM, with the conclusion of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, NBC will shift to coverage of the National Dog Show, hosted by John O’Hurley.
- 1:30 PM, CBS will air The NFL Today, immediately followed by their coverage of an NFL matchup of the Miami Dolphins playing in Texas, against the Dallas Cowboys at 2:00 PM.
- 2:00 PM, Christmas movie season will officially be underway as NBC airs Miracle on 34th Street.
- 5:00 PM, the NFL Network will get into the Holiday television mix as Thursday Night Kickoff gets underway. The primetime NFL matchup is scheduled to begin at 6:00 PM, when the Baltimore Ravens play host to the San Francisco 49ers.
For more TV listings for Thanksgiving, or any day, check out your local TV Guide.