Windmill Hill Nursery Offers Friendly Advice & Holds Big Labor Day Sale [Advertorial]
As we begin to move closer and closer to fall, the last thing on your mind may be planting new items in your flower beds or gardens. However Benny, the owner of Windmill Hill Greenhouse, says this should not be people’s state of mind for one simple reason; it is a fact that ”plants planted this time of year actually undergo less stress and have a greater chance of survival due to the cooler temperatures.” The nursery will hold a big labor day sale this weekend to entice you to get out of the house and enjoy the nice weather while it is still here as an extra plus. Their big sale encompasses the following merchandise:
30% Savings on all Trees, Shrubs & Evergreens
25% Off Perennial Plants
20% Off Bark, Mulch, Compost, Peat Moss & Potting Soil
5 Gallon Cottonwood Trees are now just $19.00
Windmill Hill’s big sale runs now through Labor Day so stop by today. Wildmill Hill is located at 4109 Fort Sanders Road just south of town in Laramie.
Planting Advice from Windmill Hill
- Make sure to keep watering newly planted plants until the ground freezes.
- Plant now; cooler temperatures put less stress on new plants.
- Recommended plants to buy this time of year are fall bulbs that will bring nice colors in Spring, Tulips, Daffodils & Hyacinths.
- Do not prune any plants at this time of the year; the newly stimulated growth will not do well as temperatures begin to fall. When the leaves have fallen off your trees it is then ok to prune everything except lilacs as you will cut off their buds.
- For all of your planting questions make sure to stop by Windmill Hill for more friendly advice!