Cheers! Open Container Returns to Downtown Laramie
Summer weather is in full swing here in Laradise. And, as far as I'm concerned, nothing goes better with summer sunshine than a tall glass of icy cold ale. Picture it - a balmy breeze, golden sunshine, and the crisp, malty goodness of a pint from Bond's (or Accomplice, the Library, Altitude, Coal Creek...you get the gist.)
As you can imagine, I look forward to the Open Container season in Laramie each year. And that time has arrived! Downtown Laramie announced on its Facebook page yesterday that Open Container is in full swing in the Gem City. Can I get a "cheers!"?
While you start planning your afternoon libations, make sure you check out the rules for Open Container here in Laramie:
Open Container Rules in Downtown Laramie
- Duration: Memorial Day Weekend through October 29, 2023.
- Hours: Open Container hours in Laramie run from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. seven days a week.
- No Alleys or Vehicles: Keep your drinks and self on the sidewalks of Downtown, folks.
- Stay in Downtown: Open Container only allows drinking in the Downtown Laramie area (see the below map.)
- Drinks Stay in Plastic Cups or Aluminum Bottles:
- Respect Shop Rules: Downtown businesses can choose whether to allow beverages into their shops.
Breweries and Businesses Participating in Open Container
Click here for an interactive map of the businesses participating in Open Container.
- Cowboy Saloon & Dance Hall (108 S. 2nd St.)
- Buckhorn Bar (114 E. Ivinson Ave.)
- Sweet Melissa (213 S. 1st St.)
- Crowbar & Grill (202 S. 2nd St.)
- Chalk & Cheese (209-211 S. 2nd St.)
- The Great Untamed (209 S. 3rd St.)
- Roxie's On Grand (221 Grand Ave.)
- 3rd Street Bar & Grill (218 Grand Ave.)
- Coal Creek TAP (108 Grand Ave.)
- Altitude Chophouse & Brewery (320 S. 2nd St.)
- Bond's Brewery (411 S. 2nd St.)
- Alibi Wood Fire Pizzaria (404 S. 4th St.)
- The Library Sports Grille (201 E. Custer St.)
- The Still Package Liquor (502 S. 3rd St.)
For more info on open container rules, click here.