Countdown to Holiday Magic: The Old West Holiday Returns to Cheyenne
The countdown is on to Christmas 2023. Santa's hard at work prepping for Delivery Day - no doubt the elves and reindeer are, too. But, before the Big Elf himself delivers, he has one special stop in mind for a little Kringle R&R at the old Wyoming homestead.
Yep, Santa Claus is coming to town a little early...and he's bringing Mrs. Claus with him!
The Old West Holiday Returns to Cheyenne
A magical transformation takes place in Cheyenne near Thanksgiving. The streets of Downtown Cheyenne become a Western Winter Wonderland, complete with jingle bells and twinkling Christmas lights. Santa's beloved horses (best buds with the reindeer, of course) hang out in the stables, Mrs. Claus settles into her Wyoming bakery, and Rudolph hosts reindeer games.
The holiday extravaganza begins on November 25, marked by the arrival of Santa during the Cheyenne Christmas Parade. The Claus family settles in for two weeks of festivities, a nice reprieve before Mr. Claus has to head out on December 16 for the final Christmas Eve prep up North.
This year, the Old West Holiday features more special Santa Stops for the family to enjoy, plus special events.
Find Fa-la-la Fun During Downtown Cheyenne's Old West Holiday
- Kringle Ranch – (Cheyenne Livery Stable, 317 W. 15th Street) Meet Santa's beloved horses every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Rusty the Rocking Horse – (State Museum, 2301 W. Central Avenue) Meet Rusty, a cherished rocking horse that represents the joy of Christmases past.
- Santa's Mailbox – (Chronicles Distilling @ the Asher Building, 500 W. 15th Street) Drop your letters to Santa in the magical mailbox. The Pony Express will swing by every Saturday at noon to pick up the precious mail!
- Snowball Snapshots – (Emma's Old Time Photos, 1602 Capitol Avenue) Capture the perfect wintery family photo for those Christmas cards!
- The Old West Cocoa Stand – (The Boardroom, 1722 Capitol Avenue) What Christmas celebration is complete without cocoa?
- Rudolph's Reindeer Games – (Flipper's Family Arcade, 1617 Capitol Avenue) Can you sleigh the reindeer games? Hours of fun await!
- Mrs. Claus's Tea Room – (The Hawthorn Tree, 112 E. 17th Street) When Mrs. Claus needs a break from cocoa, she enjoys a cuppa at her Tea Room.
- Jingle Bell Rock Shop – (WYOMusic, 1708 Central Avenue) Stop into the Jingle Bell Rock Shop and help a lost little jingle bell find a home.
- Wild West Holiday Saloon – (Freedom's Edge Brewing Company, 1509 Pioneer Avenue) Of-age elves enjoy the flavors of the season. Enjoy yuletide beverages and a jolly good atmosphere!
- Deck The Halls With Games and Comics – (Olympus Comic and Games, 1710 Central Avenue) Sleigh your Christmas shopping with a visit to Olympus. Discover magical games and a treasure trove of gifts!
- Santa's Surf Shop – (Beach Please, 200 East 17th Street) Hang ten with all of Santa's fave tropical beverages!
- Yuletide Artist Market – (Cheyenne Creativity Center, 1620 Thomes Avenue) Discover unique artwork and wares created by Cheyenne's local artisans and elves.
- Cindy Lou's Apothecary – (City Drug, 1722 Carey Avenue) Sniffles and sore throats can't stand against Cindy Lou's remedies...and neither can a Grinch or Scrouge!
- Mrs. Claus's Cookies – (Mary's Mountain Cookies, 315 West Lincolnway) The tastiest shop around! Every cookie is extra sweet, thanks to the TLC of Mrs. Claus.
And these spirited stops are just the start of the holiday fun Downtown! Special events occur throughout the Old West Holiday celebration, including breakfast with Santa, Christmas teas, and a cookie crawl! Check out the featured festivities list here.
LOOK: See what Christmas was like the year you were born
Gallery Credit: Isabel Sepulveda