Happy National Dog Day!
Man's best friend, indeed! I often judge people based on the way they treat dogs... if you're cool with K9's, you're cool with me. In other words, I'm not exactly a fan of Michael Vick.
Today (August 26th) is National Dog Day. It's a great time to think about adopting a pooch too!
Here’s 10 amazing benefits from being around dogs according to Mental Floss.
- You get sick less often
- Resistance to allergies (unless you’re allergic to dogs of course)
- Overall they make you happier
- Good for your heart
- You get more exercise
- Helps improve your social life
- Some breeds of dogs have helped humans learn they have cancer and detected it early enough to save them.
- Dogs are a reflection of your personality. This may help you if you have areas to work on.
- Lower stress! Stressed out? Just pet a dog for a while.
- They’re pretty cute too, so there’s that.
Interested in adopting a new family member? Here's some great Wyoming animal shelters.