Hearings for 3 Charged in Cheyenne Teen’s Death Continued Again
Preliminary hearings for a Burns woman and two Cheyenne men charged in the shooting death of a 16-year-old Cheyenne girl have been continued once again.
Sarah Heath, 26, Tirso Munguia, 19, and Cody Nicholson, 18, were scheduled to appear in Laramie County Circuit Court at 3 p.m. today, Feb. 1, but are now set to appear tomorrow, Feb. 2, at 2 p.m.
According to statements, Munguia and Nicholson were handling a gun in the back seat when Munguia reportedly pulled the trigger, striking and killing Angelina Harrison who was in the front passenger seat.
Heath pulled over and Nicholson fled on foot with the gun. Heath then proceeded to the mall parking lot and called 911.
Thanks to tips from community members, Nicholson was located about three hours later and he and Munguia were subsequently arrested.
Heath was arrested eight days later.
Munguia is charged with involuntary manslaughter and Nicholson and Heath with accessory after the fact. Heath is also charged with three counts of selling or furnishing alcohol to a minor and misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
Heath is currently out on a $50,000 cash or surety bond, while Munguia and Nicholson remain jailed on $150,000 cash bonds.
For more information about this case, check out our earlier posts:
- Woman Charged in Cheyenne Teen's Shooting Death Posts Bond
- Hearings for Cheyenne Men Charged in Teen's Death Continued
- 3rd Person Arrested in Fatal Shooting of Cheyenne Teen
- Cheyenne Shooting Victim Had Dreams of Being an Attorney or Cosmetologist
- 2 Formally Charged in Shooting Death of 16-Year-Old Cheyenne Girl
- Family of Cheyenne Teen Killed in Shooting Speaks Out
- 2 Arrested in Fatal Shooting of 16-Year-Old Cheyenne Girl
- LCSD1 Issues Letter After Triumph High School Student Killed in Shooting
- UPDATE: Cheyenne Police Arrest Person of Interest in Shooting