Country Cooking – Grilling Brook Trout
Welcome to KCGY's Country Cooking, where we will be grilling, baking, frying some great recipes and sharing some cooking ideas.
Grilling Brook Trout:To read about how I caught my 16 inch brook trout see my Fishing Blog (The Dog Days of Summer/Winter!) posted this past Friday.
1. Preparing brook trout: Clean out the cavity of the fish and remove all the guts and clean wash thoroughly.
2. Salt and Pepper the insides and put lemon or lime with fresh herbs or spring onions.
3. Brush olive oil or butter on the fish and wrap in thick tin foil.
4. Place on grill (charcoal or gas) grill for 10 minutes on each side. Depending on the size of the fish, bigger fish will take longer to cook. Skin should come away from the meat easy then the meat will separate from the bones.
5. Prepare asparagus or green beans on the grill on a pan or microwave for 7-8 minutes.
6. I use Uncle Ben's 90 second rice for the side dish.
Pour yourself a glass of wine (red or white) and enjoy!