Take to the Skies at the Wild West Airshow in Cheyenne
The Cheyenne Frontier Days Wednesday tradition continues in 2019 when the Wyoming Air National Guard hosts the Wild West Air Show on July 24 from 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM. Admission is free.
The annual event is at the Wyoming Air National Guard (217 Del Range Bolvord in Cheyenne). There will be aerobatic acts, static aircraft display, US Navy Leap Frogs, and a parachute jump featuring Cheyenne Mayor Marian Orr and other local dignitaries to start the day at 9:00 AM (Full schedule below).
This is also an opportunity to get up close to the Thunderbirds prior to takeoff and after landing.
Food and beverage vendors will be onsite. A children’s area will feature free and ticketed activities. Information booths and recruiters will also be on the ramp.
Because of space and security limitations, there is no public parking at the event. Pedestrians may access the show through the front gate, located at Sunset Drive and Dell Range Boulevard. Continuous shuttle service from the north side of Frontier Mall provides easy access to the event.
Air Show guests must bring a valid photo ID and should avoid bringing glass containers, coolers, weapons – including pocket knives, and valuables to the event.
Demonstrations and aerobatics currently scheduled include:
- 9:00: Dignitary tandem parachute drop
- 9:30: US Air Force Thunderbirds ground show and take off
- 1:00: US Navy Leap Frogs demonstration
- 1:12: Tom Larkin Minijet flyby
- 1:15: WyANG MAFFS C-130 water drop
- 1:25: WyANG C-130 flyby
- 1:45: Gary Rower Stearman Show
- 2:00: Tom Larkin Minijet Show
- 2:15: F4U4 Corsair flybys
- 30: Buck Roteman Pitts Show w/ inverted ribbon cutting
- 2:45: Precision Exotics ground show
- 3:05: US Navy Leap Frogs demonstration
- 3:20: CAF SNB flybys
- 3:30: Don Nelson T-6 show
- 3:45 Gary and Buck team act