The Laramie Fire Department determined that a call regarding a fire in the 200 block of Grand Avenue Thursday was a false alarm.

Company Officer Trevor Kern said that the fire department received a call at 8 p.m. last night that from a business owner who said they saw smoke coming from apartments near their business.

Kern said the fire department did a search of the whole building and there was no fire.

"You never know, you have to take everything seriously," Kern said.

Kern said the fire department determined the 'smoke' was steam coming from a dryer vent.

More From Y95 Country