Where To Get Solar Eclipse Glasses in Laramie
The total solar eclipse is right around the corner and eclipse glasses are in high demand.
Time is running out in Laramie to secure a pair of eclipse glasses. Many Laramie businesses that were selling or giving away eclipse glasses for free have none left in stock, such as Walmart, Safeway, Kmart, the Albany County Public Library, Snowy Range Vision Clinic, Albany Eye Care and Laramie Vision Clinic.
There are still a few places you can go in Laramie to get eclipse glasses and we have compiled a list here. Be warned, they are in short supply.
- The University of Wyoming Physics and Astronomy Department still has some eclipse glasses- pop into the Physical Sciences Building, Room 204, during regular business hours to pick up a pair.
- The Harry C. Vaugh Planetarium, located in the basement of the Physical Sciences Building on the UW campus, will be giving out eclipse glasses to those who attend their special eclipse programming this Friday and Saturday, Aug 18 and 19. Find out more here.
- UW Campus Dining will be handing out eclipse glasses during their eclipse barbeque on the day of the eclipse- Aug. 21. It will be at 10 a.m. in Simpson's Plaza on the UW campus.
- The UW Bookstore in the UW Union is selling eclipse glasses for $4.99. The bookstore said it is expecting another shipment of eclipse glasses today.
- The Laramie Area Visitor Center/ Albany County Tourism Board – 210 E. Custer Street has a small supply of glasses left
- First American Title Insurance – 1271 North 15th Street has a few pairs left in stock.
For those who aren’t lucky enough to nab a pair in town, there is still the option of ordering a pair online, for example from Amazon. Just make sure that the pair you choose is ISO certified. Check out this guide to making sure your glasses are legitimate and will protect your eyes. Good luck and happy eclipse viewing!