Cheyenne Police Use Armored Vehicles, Bomb Squad Trucks to Respond in Snow
"Citizens who encounter an emergency situation should continue to call police and we will do all we can to assist," police posted on Facebook Monday evening.
City crews have been working around-the-clock to clear the roads after Winter Storm Xylia dumped more than 30 inches of snow on the capital city.
Due to the scale of the storm, Public Works Director Vicki Nemecek says snow removal operations in residential neighborhoods and the downtown may take several days to complete.
MORE STORM COVERAGE FROM TOWNSQUARE MEDIA CHEYENNE:
- Cheyenne Mayor Collins: 'Be Patient, We Are Doing Our Best'
- Online Poll: City of Cheyenne Response To Winter Storm
- Cheyenne Indoor Photo illustrates the Worst Storm Condition Yet
- Major Wyoming Highways Still Closed; May Stay So Through Midnight Wednesday
- Pictures From Cheyenne, Wyoming’s Snowpocalypse 2021