Get Ready for St. Paddy’s With This Boozy Shamrock Shake Recipe
Maybe you're one of those that marks off your calendar, waiting for the day when the Shamrock Shake returns to your local McDonalds. (Yes, there are actually people that do that...) Maybe you're one of those that notices it when grabbing lunch and say to yourself "Hey, those are pretty good, maybe I'll get one." Either way, the nostalgia of the shamrock shake is something that can't be matched around St. Paddy's Day.
Except of course... if we made it alcoholic.
Genius, right? Well, all you need are a few ingredients and you too can have something that tastes like a sweet McDonalds treat, with an extra kick to it. As always, please drink responsibly, unless you're Irish, in which case we're pretty sure you know what you're doing more than we do.
This recipe is borrowed from myincrediblerecipies.com, and you can check them out for more cool, seasonal recipes.
- 6 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Bailey’s Irish Creme
- 1/4 cup whipped or vanilla vodka
- 1/4 cup creme de menthe liqueur
- 2-3 drops green food coloring
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Green colored sugar crystals, for garnish (optional)
- In a large blender, add the ice cream, milk, Bailey’s Irish cream, vodka, creme de menthe and green food coloring.
- Blend until smooth and creamy - about 60 seconds.
- Pour into your favorite serving glasses.
- Add a generous dollop of whipped cream to the top of each milkshake.
- Top off with a maraschino cherry and a sprinkling of green sugar crystals (optional).