Man Accused of Setting 5 Fires in Downtown Cheyenne Within 3 Days
A 41-year-old transient is facing thousands of dollars in fines after allegedly setting multiple fires in downtown Cheyenne.
Police spokeswoman Alex Farkas says Daylan Medley was arrested Thursday on suspicion of starting five fires between March 1-3 near the area of Missile Drive and W. Lincolnway.
Farkas says the following locations were damaged as a result of the fires:
- On March 1, a fire near the 1100 block of West Lincolnway burned one acre of property.
- On March 1, a grass fire near the 1500 block of West Lincolnway required the response of three fire engines from CFR and one from Laramie County Fire District 2.
- On March 2, a trash fire near the Ames underpass was left unattended and burning close to a grass field.
- On March 3, a fire near the 100 block of Martin Luther King Ct. spread to a grass field and required the response of two fire engines.
- On March 3, a fire was located near the 1100 block of West Lincolnway.
Get our free mobile app
Medley made his initial appearance Friday in Laramie County Circuit Court on five counts of failure to extinguish a fire, a misdemeanor.
He was appointed a public defender and released on his own recognizance. His next hearing is scheduled for April 4.